|This text is or was the topic of a Wiki Schooling Basis-supported course project. Additional particulars can be found on the course web page. Pupil editor(s): Oni1981. Peer reviewers: Jeralynn805.|
The picture used right here was a copyvio from http://www.follicle.com/1.html. – Texture 19:00, 9 Mar 2004 (UTC)
As articles about different animals check with hair follicles, some effort must be made to debate these techniques in different animals (mammals, bugs, and many others.) if they’re completely different there. Vivacissamamente 13:58, 6 September 2005 (UTC)
Can we get images of actual hairs and diagrams of the completely different levels, like ? — Omegatron 04:07, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
What’s membership hair? 22.214.171.124 (speak) 12:07, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
Point out Follicular bundles? Had a scalp remedy yesterday, they used a digital camera to take a look at my scalp and I used to be stunned to see 1, 2 or three hairs from every pore. I’ve search for a while for data of this and located just one reference to it. It appears it’s common whereas all photos present one hair rising and no different web site point out this. Gwen4598 (speak) 14:50, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
DNA testing of hair
CSI (neglect which explicit collection) means that solely a particular a part of the hair (guessing sheath close to root) incorporates testable genetic materials. Is there any factual foundation? — Nahum Reduta [talk|contribs] 09:09, 31 October 2008 (UTC)
- No. Till a 12 months or two in the past, present expertise solely allowed DNA to be harvested from the sheath close to the foundation. That does not imply that there is not DNA within the hair strand itself, simply that that exact expertise could not harvest it from the strand. New breakthroughs permit DNA to be harvested from hair strands. CSI is a extremely, actually unhealthy place to get your science from. –NellieBly (speak) 01:21, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
Great reference article so as to add
- First, there’s a fantastic NEJM article that I referenced just a few instances on this article, and I feel if somebody has extra time, extra content material might be cited from it. The article is: Paus, Ralf; Cotsarelis, George. “The Biology of Hair Follicles.” The New England Journal of Drugs. 1999; 341(7): 491-497. PMID 10441606. I can electronic mail it to you for those who contact me.
- Second, in case you are within the pores and skin, adnexa, or dermatology, I might love some assist over at WP:DERM… simply fyi. kilbad (speak) 05:19, 11 November 2008 (UTC)
- Hello! Thanks for all of your hardwork on making a Wiki-page on the hair follicle! I am a 4th 12 months Medical Pupil all for Dermatology and really feel I can contribute positively to enhancing the knowledge introduced on this subject. Please see my workplan beneath and I am open to any recommendations to my edits!
Hello! I am a 4th 12 months Medical scholar at UCSF all for Dermatology and I’ve chosen to edit this web page as a part of the Wikiproject Drugs elective at UCSF.
It is a C-class high quality article of Excessive Significance in Dermatology.
My workplan is as follows:
Between 11/27/17-12/15/17 I’ll enhance the lead part, add dialogue of variations in hair follicle and look of hair, add part on ailments of the hair follicle, add part on remedy of ailments of the hair follicle.Oni1981 (speak) 18:47, 26 November 2017 (UTC)
- Whats up! Listed here are my peer evaluation feedback, organized by part. I’ll electronic mail you a doc with proposed grammatical edits.
- Lead: (1) I’ve made some modifications to the checklist of levels within the first paragraph of the result in edit for parallel construction, which I’ve emailed to you in a separate doc. (2) Within the second paragraph, I feel you may present rather less element concerning the position of hair in society as that part is slightly wordy and distracts from the primary focus of the article, the follicles themselves. I’ve offered a pattern edit within the connected doc.
- Pores and skin Anatomy: I feel that your language turns into a bit too technical for a typical wikipedia viewers. Once you give examples of the distinction in distribution/density of hair follicles, your level may be very clear. Nonetheless, the usage of the phrase “topographical” within the previous sentence might be extra technical than obligatory.
- Ailments of the hair follicle: (1) I feel that it will be applicable so as to add a brief lead part right here stating that there are a selection of ailments affecting the follicle and perhaps giving some broad classes, as the photographs within the part solely present just a few ailments. (2) Including hyperlinks to those completely different ailments listed can be helpful.
- Common feedback: This text is missing extra therapies for ailments affecting the follicle. Nonetheless, that is an article concerning the hair follicle itself, not ailments of the hair follicle, so additional dialogue of therapies for ailments of the hair follicle could also be higher left to a separate wiki web page. If that’s the course that you just go, I feel a greater title for the part about hair transplantation can be one thing like “Makes use of/roles in medical remedy of illness.”
- Jeralynn805 (speak) 23:39, 12 December 2017 (UTC)
Hair progress cycle instances
Can somebody add extra? Is that this doable? It could be good for the readers to know the typical section or time of hair progress in different elements of the physique. — Previous unsigned remark added by Talaga87 (speak • contribs) 07:28, 28 March 2011 (UTC)
This bot has detected that this web page incorporates a picture, Picture:Pores and skin.jpg, in a raster format. A alternative is obtainable as a Scalable vector graphic (SVG) at File:Pores and skin.svg. If the alternative picture is appropriate please edit the article to make use of the vector model. Scalable vector graphics must be used as opposed to raster for photographs that may simply represented in a vector graphic format. If this bot is in error, chances are you’ll go away a bug report at its speak web page Thanks SVnaGBot1 (speak) 09:58, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
The hyperlink to outline “membership hair” is exterior. The rules state that an article must be comprehensible with out having to go away the location (paraphrased). I can perceive the overall concept of the article, however to say that the hair is transformed to a membership hair, with out us understanding what a membership hair is, leaves a gap in that understanding, and, I feel, signifies one on this article. Lriley47 (speak) 16:41, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
I used to be studying about birds (nice article by the best way!) and after I received to the half about feather follicles, I went What’s That? So I clicked on the hyperlink and right here it’s speaking about hair and never a feather in sight!
I am pondering we must always create a brand new part.
Rubypc123 (speak) 03:11, eight April 2012 (UTC)
Blacklisted Hyperlinks Discovered on the Most important Web page
Cyberbot II has detected that web page incorporates exterior hyperlinks which have both been globally or regionally blacklisted.
Hyperlinks are typically blacklisted as a result of they’ve a historical past of being spammed, or are extremely innappropriate for Wikipedia.
This, nevertheless, would not essentially imply it is spam, or not hyperlink.
If the hyperlink is an efficient hyperlink, chances are you’ll want to request whitelisting by going to the request web page for whitelisting.
If you happen to really feel the hyperlink being caught by the blacklist is a false constructive, or not wanted on the blacklist, chances are you’ll request the regex be eliminated or altered on the blacklist request web page.
If the hyperlink is blacklisted globally and you’re feeling the above applies chances are you’ll request to whitelist it utilizing the earlier than talked about request web page, or request it is elimination, or alteration, on the request web page on meta.
When requesting whitelisting, you’ll want to provide the hyperlink to be whitelisted and wrap the hyperlink in nowiki tags.
The whitelisting course of can take its time so as soon as a request has been stuffed out, chances are you’ll set the invisible parameter on the tag to true.
Please bear in mind that the bot will exchange eliminated tags, and can take away misplaced tags recurrently.
Beneath is a listing of hyperlinks that had been discovered on the primary web page:
- Triggered by
bhealthyhairhighlights.combon the native blacklist
- Triggered by
If you need me to supply extra data on the speak web page, contact Person:Cyberpower678 and ask him to program me with extra information.
Out of your pleasant arduous working bot.—cyberbot II NotifyOn-line 15:53, eight December 2013 (UTC)
Resolved This difficulty has been resolved, and I’ve due to this fact eliminated the tag, if not already achieved. No additional motion is important.—cyberbot II NotifyOn-line 20:07, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
Eliminated “african-american” from ethnicity. Until you’ll exclude the checklist to incorporate Carribbean, Afro-Carribbean, Black British, French African, and many others etf that is ap ointless and american-centric — Previous unsigned remark added by 126.96.36.199 (speak) 20:23, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
The part “Hair Progress” has principally the whole lot in Human hair progress apart from the half about chemotherapy, which might simply be included below “Illness”. Non-human hair progress is not even mentioned on this article. I suggest turning that article right into a redirect to this, extra full, one. SilverbackNet speak 21:54, 13 September 2019 (UTC)