We embody merchandise we predict are helpful for our readers. When you purchase via hyperlinks on this web page, we could earn a small fee. Right here’s our course of.
Pure hair dyes include plant-based substances reasonably than harsher chemical substances. The dyes included on this article characteristic substances similar to henna, rhubarb root, and indigo powder as options to chemical substances.
Coloring the hair is extra frequent than some folks could understand. A 2016 cross-sectional research estimates, for instance, that 50.9% of the inhabitants of Europe have dyed their hair not less than as soon as.
Some dyes depend on robust chemical substances, whereas others promote pure substances. Nevertheless, not all dyes labeled “pure” are chemical-free. Whereas some could not include peroxide, ammonia, or sulfate, they nonetheless embody different chemical components.
On this article, we have a look at 5 pure hair dyes available on the market and take into account their execs and cons.
Please word that the author of this text has not tried any of those merchandise and that the data beneath comes from the dye producers.
EarthDye declare that their hair dyes situation hair and restore its well being, in addition to coloring it.
In response to EarthDye, the dyes:
Additionally they word that one dye packet could include sufficient product for 20–30 root touch-ups, relying on the size of the hair.
In response to EarthDye, their merchandise might help hair develop quicker. Because of this, the hair might have extra frequent root touch-ups.
An individual may additionally must buy specialty shampoo to assist maintain the colour intact.
Additionally, EarthDye don’t present a colour chart, as their dyes can solely match or darken an individual’s pure colour. For instance, if an individual has crimson hair, the crimson dye would improve the colour, or the particular person could resolve to go darker with brown or black dye.
These range by product, however for example, the substances within the medium oak brown dye embody:
- indigo (Indigofera tinctoria)
- shikakai (Acacia concinna)
- henna (Lawsonia inermis)
- brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
- baheda (Terminalia bellirica)
- bhringraj (Eclipta alba)
- amla (Emblica officinalis)
An individual can purchase EarthDye merchandise on-line right here.
Gentle Mountain supply quite a lot of colours of their Pure and Colour the Grey! ranges.
In response to Gentle Mountain, their merchandise:
- These merchandise can not lighten darkish hair.
- Overlaying hair that’s greater than 10% white, grey, or platinum blonde includes a two-step course of.
The corporate makes use of solely 4 substances, and the quantity in every colour pack is dependent upon the product. These substances are:
- senna leaf powder
- amla fruit powder
An individual can purchase Gentle Mountain hair care merchandise on-line right here.
In response to The Henna Guys, their dyes are protected for folks with delicate pores and skin and scalps.
Their dye comes from the leaves of a flowering plant, henna, which include a red-orange pigment known as lawsone.
It is very important word that the colour is everlasting.
The Henna Guys state that their merchandise:
- come from 100% pure henna
- are uncooked
- are cruelty-free
- are gluten-free
- are free from chemical substances and metallic salts
- comprise 11 henna dyes that may mix to make greater than 70 shades
- are protected to make use of on beards
- are ethically sourced
- include an software equipment, together with gloves and a bathe cap
- With grey and chemically dyed hair, it might take greater than a single software for the henna to paint correctly.
- The merchandise can not lighten darkish hair.
- Some colours require a two-step course of.
- The general course of could also be sophisticated for first-time customers.
- Sure colours require 8–10 hours of software time.
- The merchandise will not be appropriate to be used on eyebrows or eyelashes.
The substances range by product. For instance, these at midnight brown dye embody:
- indigo powder
- amla (Phyllanthus emblica)
- false daisy (Eclipta alba)
- neem (Azadirachta indica)
An individual can purchase The Henna Guys merchandise on-line right here.
These dyes are available stable bricks, or bars. An individual melts them to type a paste, which they then apply to their hair and watch for the colour to take impact.
Lush state that these dyes are:
- appropriate for vegans
- environmentally pleasant
- free from animal testing
They word that one of many firm’s founders specialised within the research of hair and scalp situations.
- An individual should go away the dye on the hair for 2–four hours.
- The method could also be tough for first-time customers.
- There’s a restricted collection of colours.
Components range by product. For instance, the substances within the “rouge” bar are:
- crimson henna
- cocoa butter
- lemon juice
- powdered rosemary
- clove bud oil
An individual can purchase Lush hair dye on-line right here.
Sante’s hair dyes include substances similar to natural henna, floor herbs, fruits, and wheat proteins.
In response to Sante, their dyes:
- are licensed by the Worldwide Pure and Natural Cosmetics Affiliation, often called NATRUE
- are vegan
- can be found as powders or ready-made lotions
- comprise 14 colour choices
- are appropriate for grey hair
These hair dyes work finest with ambient warmth, similar to from a towel across the head or a close-by heater, oven, or hearth.
The leave-on time is between 15 minutes to 2 hours, relying on the pure colour of an individual’s hair and the chosen dye.
Components range by product. For instance, the substances of the strawberry blond dye are:
- Cassia auriculata leaf powder, a type of senna
- rhubarb root powder (Rheum undulatum)
- English walnut shell powder (Juglans regia)
- henna leaf powder
- Coffea arabica seed powder
- indigo leaf powder
An individual can buy Sante hair colours on-line right here.
Pure hair dyes use vegetation, herbs, and different pure substances rather than artificial chemical substances.
An individual ought to all the time carry out a hair strand take a look at and a pores and skin patch take a look at earlier than making use of any hair dye.
Additionally, it is very important word that United States regulation doesn’t require hair dyes to be authorised by the Meals and Drug Administration (FDA).
Lastly, it’s essential to examine a dye’s substances checklist for any allergens earlier than buying the product.