Proudly owning an aged canine with renal and liver issues and just lately having been invaded by cat fleas from an onslaught of stray cats within the neighbourhood I went on a quest to seek out the most secure and most pure flea remedies I might presumably discover. After in depth analysis I used to be capable of compile a veritable arsenal of flea remedies that I assumed I’d share with different canine homeowners, particularly for the reason that majority of us know the way dangerous chemical substances and pesticides are. I, like lots of you, completely refuse to show my canine to carcinogenic substances.
My canine has flea allergic reactions so it was essential for me to seek out efficient but protected options to this flea drawback. One flea chew drives her loopy! Let me start by telling you this, if you wish to go pure in your quest to rid your home and pets of fleas it’s important to perceive that you’ll have to use a number of flea prevention strategies, and you may have to arm your self with a little bit of persistence.
My curiosity was piqued in natural collars and I made a decision to analysis them some extra. To my dismay I came upon that almost all of natural collars embrace pennyroyal and rue. These herbs could cause liver and kidney harm (in addition to many different well being points) when ingested, and whereas the chance that my previous canine would truly ingest her collar was slim, I wasn’t ready to danger it.
The subsequent pure flea prevention resolution I examine was Borax or Boric powder. Folks have been touting the miraculous impact these merchandise have in combating fleas, and whereas I do not doubt this it quickly turned clear to me that these weren’t protected merchandise to make use of on my beloved pet. Borax is an abrasive substance so think about what can occur in case your pet inhales it, plus borates generally tend to turn out to be concentrated within the kidney and may trigger kidney harm.
Effectively, to chop a protracted story quick, except for my ever trusty flea comb, here is what I’m utilizing:
1. Flea Traps: The sort that work by attracting fleas to a sticky floor. They use small bulbs to draw fleas to a sticky floor. I caught a number of small bugs and fleas. What I do is depart them on in a single day when it is darkish for optimum impact. A great way to extend their effectiveness is to maneuver them round sometimes. I even put them in my canine’s beds (she has two, one within the lounge and one in our bed room, so at evening I put the lure in her lounge mattress and through the day I darken the bed room and put a lure in her evening mattress).
2. Daybreak or Fairy Dishwashing Liquid: Common Daybreak of Fairy dishwashing liquid is nice for bathing your flea infested canine, it is much less dangerous than specialised flea shampoos because it does not comprise any chemical substances or pesticides and you will get a warped sense of enjoyment as you see the nasty creatures drown within the bathwater.
3. Natural Collars: There are some innocent natural flea collars on the market; the one I am utilizing incorporates lavender buds and cedarwood shavings. Whereas I am not an enormous fan of cedarwood shavings it is solely a minute quantity, simply sufficient to maintain these nasty pests away from my canine. The identical firm additionally makes a dry shampoo/flea powder utilizing all pure (and protected) components and the proprietor of the corporate is genuinely involved concerning the security of their merchandise (I grilled her with all my considerations). Let’s simply say it is positively “good riddance” to fleas!
4. Diatomaceous Earth: Be sure to purchase HUMAN FOOD GRADE D/Earth, the rest is probably poisonous. Sprinkle the D/earth beneath couches, beds, wherever your canine does not continuously dangle round in. Be certain the canine is saved away when you’re doing this as inhaling the effective mud could cause issues and put on a mud masks if attainable. D/earth can be utilized indoors and out however I’d advise towards utilizing it open air as you’d be killing many “good” bugs as properly. Ants, if they are not an issue for you, eat flea larvae so I contemplate them a precious part of my protected flea arsenal!
Human meals grade d/earth or fossil flour as it is also referred to as is supposedly good for combating inner parasites as properly, I intend on making an attempt this as I am afraid of utilizing business worming medicine on my canine at this level. I’ve tried to seek out out if it has any dangerous unwanted effects however have not been capable of finding any; the truth is persons are utilizing fossil flour each day and declare it has many advantages. If you recognize of any dangerous unwanted effects of utilizing it orally on a pet please let me know!
5. Bio-tags: There are a few corporations on the market that declare their tags present your pet with a magnetic protect to maintain fleas and ticks away. There are good and dangerous critiques on the topic however I have never been capable of finding any literature on any dangerous unwanted effects so I am getting one for my canine, Worse case state of affairs I am quick a couple of bucks, I like my canine and would do something in my energy to make her snug and wholesome so I do not thoughts. I determine it will not hurt her and if it does work, that is nice!
6. Movement Detector Sprinklers: These are an ideal and humane strategy to preserve flea-ridden animals out of your yard.
That is it; I feel I’ve lined all of it! That is the end result of my in depth studying and analysis and I hope it helps you do away with fleas too. Please let me know when you’ve got some safer flea cures!