A fundamental French braid is an easy and stylish coiffure. Once you’ve mastered the one French braid, you can begin utilizing two French braids in your hair for much more type selection. Two French braids can broaden your choices from a ponytail braid, to pigtails, half ponytails, and even buns.
Creating French Braid Pigtails
Half the hair within the center. Start by brushing the hair after which parting it within the center. Ensure the half goes from the hairline all the way in which to the nape. Pull the 2 sections of hair over your shoulders, as if you’re about to tie your hair into pigtails.
- The half in your hair doesn’t must be a extreme straight line. You’ll be able to have a messy, uneven half for an elegant bohemian type. A zig-zag half can add a little bit of funk to your type.
Make the muse braid. Select a aspect to start with. Take a 2-inch triangular part of hair from the hairline to the crown. Separate this part from the remainder of the hair together with your fingers. Divide this part into three strands. Make the muse braid by beginning a normal braid. Take the proper strand and cross over the center strand. Then cross the left strand over the center.
- It’s possible you’ll wish to safe the opposite, unfastened aspect with a hair band. This can assist hold it from by accident getting mixed with the aspect you might be braiding.
- This basis braid can be on the aspect of the pinnacle. Since you make French braid pigtails, you ought to be braiding down all sides of your head. The braids will sit simply between the ears and the half.
Start the French braid. Add a small part of unfastened hair to the proper strand. Cross the proper strand over the center strand whereas pulling the center strand to the proper. Add a small part of unfastened hair to the left strand. Cross the left strand over the center strand whereas pulling the center strand to the left.
- Hold your arms near the pinnacle so the braid will stay tight.
- Ensure so as to add a fair quantity of hair every time you add hair to the strands. This can hold the braids neat and uniform, as an alternative of uneven.
Proceed braiding. As you progress down the aspect of the pinnacle, proceed french braiding the hair. You’ll pull hair from across the hairline within the entrance, and from alongside the half within the again. Every time you want a brand new layer, separate the hair you might be including in a horizontal line.
- Once you run out of hair so as to add to the braid, proceed braiding in a standard braid.
- Ensure to maintain the braid tight as you braid. This may be achieved by pulling the sections away from one another.
Safe the hair. Once you attain the specified size of your braid, tie it with hair ties. You’ll be able to add hair clips, ribbon, or different equipment.
Repeat on the opposite aspect. On the opposite aspect of the pinnacle, repeat steps 2-5 on the hair. The braids ought to look similar. Ensure to cease them on the identical place and attempt to use matching hair ties on all sides.
- If you want an alternate type for French braid pigtails, as an alternative of braiding all the way in which to the ends of your hair, cease on the nape of your neck. Safe the French braid with a hair tie. The hair hanging over your shoulders can be unfastened, so you possibly can straighten or curl these strands.
- One other alternate type for 2 French braid pigtails is a bun. After ending one of many French braids, pin the tail of the braid right into a bun behind your head by wrapping the tail round. Safe with bobby pins. Repeat with the opposite aspect, pinning the opposite braid on prime of the bun. Use as many bobby pins as obligatory to carry the bun in place.
Creating Two Facet French Braids
Half the hair. After brushing the hair, half it within the center. The half solely must go from the hairline to the crown of your head.
Begin a basis braid. Select a aspect to start. Take a small part of hair close to the face and separate it from the remainder of your hair. Divide this into three equal strands. Make the muse braid with a standard braid – cross the proper strand over the center, after which cross the left strand over the center.
- These braids can be small strands that curve across the again of the pinnacle to fulfill within the center. You aren’t making an attempt to braid your entire hair into the strands.
- An alternate approach to do that identical type is to create two bigger braids. This can give a barely completely different look to the type. Observe the identical steps, however add extra hair. The bigger braids will angle downwards greater than the smaller braids, which suggests they may meet simply beneath the crown as an alternative of in the course of the pinnacle.
- Once you begin the braid, angle the braid away from the face, in the direction of the again of the pinnacle. Do not angle it down.
Start the French braid. Add a small part of hair to the proper strand, then cross the now bigger strand over the center. Add a small part of hair to the left strand, then cross the now bigger strand over the center. Proceed this alongside the curve of the pinnacle.
- Cease the braid when you get to the center of the pinnacle. Safe with a clip or a hair tie.
Repeat on the opposite aspect. Repeat steps 2 and three on the opposite aspect of the hair. The 2 strands ought to meet in the course of the again of your head. They need to be roughly the identical dimension.
- The braids are forming a braided half-ponytail. Most of your hair can be unfastened.
Mix the hair. Take the clips or hair ties from the 2 sides of the half ponytail. Add these two strands collectively.
Type as desired. With the 2 French braids alongside your head, now you can type as you want. You’ll be able to safe the half ponytail with a clip or hair tie for a trendy half-up do. You can too pull the hair right into a ponytail. If you wish to add a little bit of refined type, wrap the ponytail right into a bun and safe with bobby pins.
- Should you type right into a ponytail or bun, the 2 French braids will relaxation simply above the ponytail or bun.
Making a Two French Braid Crown
Half the hair. Brush the hair, after which half the hair down the center. The half ought to run from the hairline to the bottom of the nape.
- Safe one aspect of the hair with a hair tie. This can hold it out of the way in which till you might be prepared to make use of it.
- An alternate type is to go away the hair unparted. Should you go away the hair unparted, observe the identical steps. Your hair might get mixed, so use a hair clip to maintain the hair separated and neat.
Begin a basis braid. Collect the hair on the base of the neck. Divide the hair into three sections. Cross the proper strand beneath the center, then cross the left strand beneath the center. This makes the anchor braid.
Start a Dutch braid. Add a bit of hair to the proper strand, then cross beneath the center strand. Add a bit of hair to the left strand, then cross beneath the center strand. You need to be braiding upwards alongside your head.
- A Dutch braid can be known as an inverted French braid or a reverse French braid. The hair is braided beneath as an alternative of over like in a normal French braid.
- This braid can be accomplished from the underside of the pinnacle up as an alternative of from the highest of the pinnacle down.
- It’s possible you’ll wish to comb the hair in an upward path earlier than you start so the hair is already in the proper path.
Proceed braiding across the head. Since it is a crown braid, the braid ought to observe alongside the curve of the pinnacle. Proceed Dutch braiding by including hair to the outer strands and crossing beneath.
- Guarantee that the quantity of hair added to the strands is equal every time. This retains the braid uniform as an alternative of uneven.
Safe braid. When the braid is completed, safe with a hair tie. Since this type works greatest on lengthy hair, the braid in all probability will finish someplace across the brow. Go away the braid as is.
Start braiding the opposite aspect. Not like the primary aspect, you’ll start this braid on the prime of the pinnacle. Beginning on the half, repeat steps 2-5 as you Dutch braid down the aspect of the pinnacle. Identical to the opposite aspect, this braid is curving alongside the pinnacle.
- If you do not have a component, begin the braid in the course of the brow.
Wrap across the head. After getting reverse French braided either side, wrap the 2 braids across the head. Safe the braids with bobby pins. Tuck the hair bands and the hair beneath the hair bands beneath the braids. Safe with bobby pins.
- In case your hair is just too oily, the braids might not work effectively.
- Don’t pull too exhausting or your head might begin hurting from the pulling.
- Should you braid too loosely, hair will fall from it.
- In case you are first studying, you might wish to observe on another person’s hair slightly than by yourself. Alternatively, some folks discover French braiding their very own hair a lot simpler than another person’s.
- If you would like your hair to be wavy while you take it out, then don’t do that proper after you get out of the bathe.