Skilled wrestling tag staff
Skilled wrestling tag staff
Cryme Tyme was an expert wrestling tag staff consisting of JTG (born December 10, 1984) and Shad Gaspard (January 13, 1981 – Could 17, 2020), greatest identified for his or her tenure in WWE.
The staff was an over-the-top parody of stereotypical road thugs. The tag staff first disbanded in 2010, although reunited in 2014 and continued wrestling till Gaspard’s loss of life.
Ohio Valley Wrestling (2006–2007)
Gaspard certified for the finals of the fact tv program Powerful Sufficient 2 in 2002, however was disqualified and changed after failing a bodily. He was recruited by WWE expertise scout Tom Prichard and educated with DeWayne Bruce for six months earlier than debuting in Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) beneath the ring title Da Beast. He acted as a part of the steady Bolin Companies, performing as an enforcer.
JTG in the meantime had debuted as Simply Too Good in OVW and after two matches, he was repackaged as The Neighborhoodie and subsequently positioned right into a tag staff with Gaspard, who started performing beneath his actual title. Collectively, their staff was named “The Gang Stars”. They received the OVW Southern Tag Crew Championship by defeating Roadkill and Kasey James on Could 24, 2006, of their first match as a staff. After they received the championships, they entered right into a feud with CM Punk who teamed up with Kane to defeat them and Simon Dean in a handicap match. Punk and Kane received a title match by disqualification, however they didn’t win the titles. They retained the titles in a gauntlet match, however later within the month misplaced the championships to Punk and Seth Skyfire on July 28. The next day, they misplaced a primary contendership match to The Untouchables (Cube Domino and Deuce Shade). The next yr, the staff returned to OVW, this time beneath the title “Cryme Tyme”, and regained the OVW Southern Tag Crew Championship on July 21 from The James Boys (KC James and Kassidy James). They misplaced the titles again to them the next day.
World Wrestling Leisure (2006–2007)
In late 2006, WWE promoted The Gang Stars to the primary Uncooked model roster, beginning by having them work reside occasions and darkish matches. On the September Four episode of Uncooked, vignettes started airing to advertise the debut of the staff, now dubbed Cryme Tyme, displaying them “coaching” for his or her pending debut on the present. Earlier than the vignettes aired, WWE positioned a press release on their web site, WWE.com, stating:
Tonight a brand new tag staff, Cryme Tyme, will probably be launched to the Uncooked viewers. In an effort to humor and entertain our followers the tag staff referred to as Cryme Tyme will probably be parodying racial stereotypes.
Shad Gaspard and JTG do outlandish, outrageous “stunts” to prepared themselves for tag staff motion on Uncooked. This try at Saturday Evening Reside like humor is sure to entertain audiences of all ethnic derivations.
We hope you benefit from the weekly adventures of Cryme Tyme.
The vignettes, which aired weekly, featured Cryme Tyme robbing folks whereas an announcer dubbed their actions “coaching workouts” designed to work on issues like “velocity”, “agility”, “drive”, “endurance”, and “depth”. Cryme Tyme wrestled as fan favorites at reside occasions and in darkish matches, lastly making their tv debut, defeating Johnny and Mikey of The Spirit Squad on the October 16 episode of Uncooked.
After arriving on Uncooked, they had been depicted covertly stealing issues—akin to Jerry Lawler’s laptop computer, and a plasma display TV—throughout interviews and whereas celebrating wins with the announce staff.
On November 5, the staff made their pay-per-view debut at Cyber Sunday, defeating Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch, The Highlanders (Rory and Robbie McAllister), and Charlie Haas and Viscera in a 4 staff twister tag staff match. Later that very same month, they had been featured in a Uncooked phase that parodied Michael Richards’s “Chortle Manufacturing unit incident”. Within the skit, a wrestler (Nick Berk) — performing as a stand in for Richards — recreated the scene of the incident through the use of racial slurs and insults till Cryme Tyme confronted him on stage. Nervous, he provided an apology, however Gaspard kicked him within the head and JTG made a Seinfeld-esque joke by saying, “What is the take care of the Bloods and the Crips? Cannot all of them simply get alongside?”. This occasion was the start of a collection of vignettes and skits that includes Cryme Tyme interacting with totally different, surprising audiences.
Across the similar time, they started a feud with The World’s Best Tag Crew (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas), throughout which Benjamin started to specific disgust with Cryme Tyme’s antics, calling them offensive and dangerous to the black group. Through the storyline, Haas began “performing black”, however after the World’s Best Tag Crew handed Cryme Tyme their first loss on the January 29, 2007, episode of Uncooked, this system was dropped, with Cryme Tyme showing primarily on Uncooked‘s sister present Warmth, solely showing on Uncooked in backstage segments.
On July 21, 2007, Cryme Tyme appeared at an OVW occasion and wrestled the OVW Southern Tag Crew Champion The James Boys (Ok.C. and Kassidy James), profitable the championship for the second time.
The duo returned to Uncooked in July with a brand new gimmick, which noticed them taking objects and auctioning them off to the gang. This led to a feud with then World Tag Crew Champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch, however each JTG and Gaspard had been launched from their WWE contracts for undisclosed causes on September 2, 2007, earlier than the feud was resolved.
Unbiased circuit (2007–2008)
After leaving WWE, they continued teaming collectively on the skilled wrestling unbiased circuit, utilizing the alternate spelling “Crime Time”. They appeared at Jersey All Professional Wrestling’s (JAPW) 10th Anniversary Present, defeating the Soiled Rotten Scoundrelz. They left the promotion undefeated after defeating Fashion & Finesse (Mike Donovan and Rob Vegas) in January 2008’s Reclaiming Hudson.
The duo additionally made a number of solo appearances on the solo circuit. Gaspard misplaced to Psicosis at a Professional Wrestling Alliance (PWA) occasion in September whereas his accomplice, showing beneath the altered title Jay-TG made a number of appearances on the Derby Metropolis Wrestling (DCW) tv programme.
Return to WWE (2008–2010)
JTG and Gaspard returned to WWE beneath the Cryme Tyme title on the March 31 episode of Uncooked in 2008, defeating Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch. Cryme Tyme started working with John Cena on the June 30 episode of Uncooked once they helped him intervene throughout John “Bradshaw” Layfield’s match. The next week on Uncooked, they once more appeared collectively in a phase once they vandalized JBL’s limo. After a reside occasion match, Cena confirmed that that they had created a faction and introduced that it was known as CTC or “Cryme Tyme Cenation”. Individually, Cryme Tyme began a feud with then World Tag Crew Champions Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase, stealing their championship belts for a time, then shedding a title match to them at Unforgiven. The CTC quietly separated after Cena’s harm.
On April 15, 2009, Cryme Tyme had been drafted to the SmackDown model as a part of the 2009 supplemental draft.Eve Torres later turned their valet, accompanying them to the ring and showing in backstage segments with them. Later, Torres and Cryme Tyme obtained right into a feud with The Hart Dynasty. They competed in six-person blended tag staff, singles and tag staff matches. On the July 31 episode of SmackDown, they turned the primary contenders to the Unified WWE Tag Crew Championship by defeating The Hart Dynasty, however Cryme Tyme was defeated by then champions Jeri-Present (Chris Jericho and Large Present) at SummerSlam.
Cryme Tyme was alleged to compete for Crew SmackDown at Bragging Rights. Nonetheless, attributable to well being issues relating to Gaspard, Cryme Tyme (together with a lot of the SmackDown staff) was changed by Matt Hardy, R-Fact, The Hart Dynasty and Finlay. On the March 5 episode of SmackDown, that they had a primary contenders match to struggle The Miz and Large Present for the Unified WWE Tag Crew Championships in opposition to John Morrison and R-Fact and The Hart Dynasty, however they didn’t win the match. The next week on SmackDown, Cryme Tyme had been going through The Hart Dynasty, however had been attacked by The Undertaker whereas he was sending a direct message to Shawn Michaels for a match at WrestleMania XXVI.
At WrestleMania XXVI, each members of Cryme Tyme competed in the dead of night match battle royal, the place JTG could be eradicated by Gaspard. Simply days afterward SmackDown, after a fast loss to John Morrison and R-Fact, Gaspard was enraged and attacked JTG for not coming to his rescue within the match, thus turning Gaspard heel for the primary time in his WWE model profession and second time in his wrestling profession. Backstage after the match throughout an interview, Gaspard instructed Josh Mathews, “No extra Time… no extra Cryme Tyme… That is my time”. The following week on SmackDown, Gaspard got here to the ring and introduced that he was executed with Cryme Tyme and introduced once more that it was his time. Afterwards, an enraged JTG got here out able to struggle him, however obtained kicked within the face by Gaspard for his troubles. This could result in a strap match at Excessive Guidelines, which was received by JTG. The 2 had an ordinary rematch on the Could 6 episode of Superstars, which Shad received by pinfall, thus ending their feud. Gaspard was then despatched to FCW developmental territory, whereas JTG stayed on the SmackDown model. Gaspard was later launched from his WWE contract on November 19, 2010, together with 5 different wrestlers.
After disbandment (2010–2014)
Just a few months after he was launched from WWE, Shad signed with Japanese wrestling promotion IGF in February 2011. He was additionally specializing in his performing profession. In June 2012, Shad bashed The Prime Time Gamers (Titus O’Neil and Darren Younger) in a rap on Twitter, accusing Prime Time Gamers of stealing their gimmick: younger, disrespectful, jive-talking, culturally insensitive showboats. JTG was launched from WWE on June 12, 2014.
Return to the unbiased circuit; Gaspard’s loss of life and disbandment (2014–2020)
It was introduced on June 19, 2014, that JTG and Gaspard had been on the lookout for reserving pursuits labeled now as the marginally altered “Crime Time”. On August 23, 2014, Crime Time and The Blue Meanie had been defeated by Chachi, JGeorge and Mike Verna at WOW Below the Lights 3. At JAPW 18th Anniversary Present, Crime Time defeated Damien Darling and Danny Demento. On March 3, 2016, at XWA Xtreme Rumble, the duo had been defeated by Colt Cabana and Dick Justice. JTG and Gaspard continued to wrestle collectively on the unbiased circuit till Gaspard’s loss of life on Could 17, 2020. Their closing match occurred on February 15, 2020 at former WWE wrestler Santino Marella’s Battle Arts promotion in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Championships and accomplishments
- NWA Wildside
- Adrenaline Championship Wrestling
- ACW Tag Crew Championship (1 time)
- Preventing Evolution Wrestling
- FEW Tag Crew Championship (1 time)
- Ohio Valley Wrestling
- Superstars of Wrestling Federation
- SWF Tag Crew Championship (1 time)
- Victory Unbiased Professional Wrestling
- VIP Tag Crew Championship (1 time)
- World Wrestling Alliance
- WWA Tag Crew Championship (1 time)
- Tag Crew Championship (1 time)
- “Superstars > SmackDown > Shad >Profile”. WWE. Archived from the unique on 2007-04-25. Retrieved 2007-04-25.
- “JTG Bio”. Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- “Cryme Tyme debuts on RAW”. WWE. Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- Varsallone, Jim (2009-06-01). “Shad: WWE’s Diesel”. Miami Herald. Archived from the unique on 2009-06-19. Retrieved 2009-06-19.
- “WWA4”. Archived from the unique on 2007-10-30. Retrieved 2007-10-11.
- “Ohio Valley Wrestling outcomes 2003”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-08-13.
- “OVW outcomes for 2006”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- “OVW outcomes 2007”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- “RAW outcomes – September 4, 2006”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- “Cryme Tyme Coaching: Pace”. WWE. 2006-09-04. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- “Cryme Tyme Coaching: Endurance”. WWE. 2006-09-11. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
- “RAW outcomes – October 16, 2006”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- Rote, Andrew. “Cryme Tyme steals 4 Crew Tag Match”. WWE. Archived from the unique on 2007-01-17. Retrieved 2006-11-05.
- “RAW outcomes – October 30, 2006”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- “Wrestling’s historic playing cards”. Professional Wrestling Illustrated. Kappa Publishing (2007 Wrestling almanac & e book of details): 122. 2007.
- “RAW outcomes – November 27, 2006”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- “RAW outcomes – December 4, 2006”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- “RAW outcomes – December 18, 2006”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-04-06.
- “Area Stories”. Professional Wrestling Illustrated. Kappa Publishing (Could 2007): 134.
- “OVW Southern Tag Crew Title”. Wrestling-Titles. Retrieved 2007-08-09.
- “RAW outcomes – July 30, 2007”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- “RAW outcomes – August 13, 2007”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- “RAW outcomes – August 30, 2007”. On-line World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- “Cryme Tyme launched”. WWE. 2007-09-02. Archived from the unique on 2007-10-22. Retrieved 2008-09-29.
- “10th Anniversary Present”. Jersey All Professional Wrestling. 2007-10-27. Archived from the unique on 2008-01-08. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- “Reclaiming Hudson outcomes”. Jersey All Professional Wrestling. Archived from the unique on 2008-07-09. Retrieved 2009-08-16.
- “RAW outcomes – March 31, 2008”. On-line World of Wrestling. 2008-03-31. Retrieved 2008-04-01.
- Adkins, Greg (2008-06-30). “Alternative Knocked, Punk Answered”. WWE. Retrieved 2008-07-25.
- Sitterson, Aubrey (2008-07-07). “Chain Gang Carjack”. WWE. Retrieved 2008-07-25.
- Pena, Daniel (2008-07-14). “What “CTC” stands for”. Rajah. Archived from the unique on 2008-08-18. Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- Sitterson, Aubrey (2008-08-18). “It takes a thief”. WWE. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- Vermillion, James (2008-09-07). “Worth(much less) is true”. WWE. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- “2009 WWE Supplemental Draft outcomes”. World Wrestling Leisure. 2009-04-15. Retrieved 2009-04-15.
- “Cryme Tyme member explains why he did not wrestle on Smackdown”. Gerweck.internet. October 22, 2009. Archived from the unique on October 25, 2009.
- “(WWE) Newest on Kevin Nash’s WWE Future, WWE HOF’er Livid at Match in Japan – TWNPNews.com Headline”. www.twnpnews.com.
- Splinter, Leonardo. “WWE Information: Shad Gaspard Accuses O’Neil and Younger of Ripping off Cryme Tyme”.
- Caldwell, James. “WWE roster cuts: 11th expertise launched Thursday afternoon”. PWTorch.com. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Kreikenbohm, Philip. “WOW Below The Lights 3 « Occasions Database « CAGEMATCH – The Web Wrestling Database”. www.cagematch.internet.
- Kreikenbohm, Philip. “JAPW 18th Anniversary Present « Occasions Database « CAGEMATCH – The Web Wrestling Database”. www.cagematch.internet.
- “Crime Time: Matches”. Web Wrestling Database. Retrieved 20 Could 2020.
- “L.A. County coroner’s workplace identifies physique that washed ashore in Venice Seashore as Shad Gaspard”. FOX 11. 20 Could 2020. Retrieved 20 Could 2020.